Welfare, Chesed & Support Services
We are very proud to offer proactive welfare, social support and befriending services as needed.
Our aim is to provide practical and emotional support and connections whenever they are required.
Every member is valued, and we work in a confidential, friendly and caring manner, encouraging a sense of belonging and involvement within our Community.
Although many of our members are supported by family and friends, there are times when neither may be available, or sometimes it may be easier to talk to someone outside the immediate family.
Some of our activities include:
- Rabbi’s Weekly Surgery Monday and Thursday 10.00 am – 12.00 am
- Support during illness – Hospital visiting, home visiting and Care Home visiting
- Support following bereavement
- Help with shopping
- Help with transport arrangements to hospital appointments, etc
- Maintaining contact with regular telephone calls
- Arranging home hospitality for Shabbat and Yom Tovim
We have a willing and committed group of volunteers who are always friendly, sensitive, and caring, and of course we all recognise that total confidentiality is paramount.
Please contact us if there is anything we can do for you, a family member, or a friend; if it is important to you, or makes life a little easier, we will do all we can to help.
If you would be able to offer your time in any practical way, we would love to hear from you. In the first instance, please make contact with the office on 01202 557433.